Monday, August 17, 2009

Hannah MONTANA

NO we did not go see "Hannah Montana", but we did go to the state of MONTANA for the first time to visit Mike's sister's family, who has a second home in Whitefish, MT. Brandon and Taylor just got confused with the name and started calling it "Hannah Montana." Now they too want a second home there near their cousins in Montana.


Did you know... that Montana is land of the Big Sky, or so I heard, but it is true. The sky is so big there! Here are a few views of Montana, mostly pictures in Glacier National Park.






By the end of the week the boys finally learned of a remote place where they could fish as actually catch something, but it was late into the night!


Taylor on the sidelines.



The boys reward was sweet and they were so happy! We ate the fish the next day.


While hiking trails we saw four deer (picture deleted, too late to recover now, but we really did see deer!)

Of course all the kids had to have walking sticks on the trails!
Stopping by the side of the river to throw rocks!

Mike and his sister Jennifer



I just liked this candid picture.


Somethings up! Trouble?
Double trouble!!

We took a tram to the top of the ski resort Big (something, I forget), maybe Big Sky

Then one day we went boating. The water was a little chilly.





Pictures of the family in Montana!







A beautiful picture of the sun setting in Montana!
Right before the fish are going to bite!
Calm waters. No boats or skiers on the lake this late.

(THIS IS WHY I DO NOT BLOG VERY OFTEN, TOO MANY PHOTOS = TOO MUCH TIME! But tomorrow I need to add one more blog of Brandon's first day at school. Then I will be done for awhile.)

4 comments:

Srudd said...

Looks like fun Jen! Good job posting! Cute pics!

Lindsey said...

glad you guys had a good trip! Love all the pics.
Good for you for catching up, it does take time and is hard to do at times.
Thanks for sharing!

Marnee Marriott said...

Wow... beautiful! Really makes me want to go there now! Glad you had such a good time and got to escape the heat one last time!

Sunni said...

Look like a great vacation! Very beautiful. I love that time when our husbands can be off work. They do too I am sure!