Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Taylor's Stitiches

Last Sunday, the kids and I went for a bike ride with our friends. It was Brandon and Taylor's first big bike outing, since they both just learned how to ride a two wheeler bike a couple of months ago. Well, the bike ride went well. It was while we were at the park and the kids were playing when Taylor had her accident. She was on the smaller playground, climbing up the side to the platform, only about 3 feet off the ground when she slipped, not making it all the way on to the platform, but still landing on her feet in the sand. She did not cry right away, but knew something was wrong. I quickly went over to assess the situation. Then it set in. Her chin was sliced open. I could tell she would need stitches right away. Unfortunately, Mike was not there, but luckily in between night shifts. We quickly rushed her home and Mike stitched her up, while I had to assisted, which was not that easy to do. I am so glad my was able to take care of her. In all she got 5 stitches put in. I wish they just dissolved on their own, but in a few days we will have to take then out.


2 comments:

Alli said...

Oh that poor thing! It is so nice to have Mike there who knows how to take care of her. I meant to tell you that Wing matched in Emergency Medicine. I'm so excited that Wing will now also know how to take care of these situations. Tell Taylor we love her!

Tiffanie said...

Poor Taylor! Sounds like a fun outing though...besides the injury! She's so cute!