Monday, September 1, 2008

Activites in AZ


First off, some of you have wanted to see our home, but it is hard to take a picture of it because it is blocked by two trees out front. And yes they are trees, not cacti. I will try and take another picture during the day.

Secondly, I have had this urge to learn to cook more. I would like to take classes, maybe for a Christmas gift. Or I should just have my mom show me. She is a great cook and I have not taken much to learning when I was younger, growing up and in college. However, I did get this awesome Whole Eat Honey Bread from my friend Stacie and it is so yummy! I just made it tonight for the second time! Bread just takes so long for me to bake!

Now on to the kids...
Both Brandon and Taylor have been very helpful around the house, especially with window washing, there favorite I think.


Next, I got a pass for a free hour lesson to ice skate for kids starting at age 4, so I thought to have Brandon give it a try. There is an ice skating rink close by where we live.





Brandon did exceptionally well, for it being his first time on ice, let alone ice skates! First they used a metal iron bar like a walker to help them learn to skate. Then they tried it on their own and he was doing well. They even had a fun activity for them to do where they would throw a little stuffed animal, skate to it, pick it up and then do it again.


But then he fell once or twice on his bum...

...and he was done!
He lasted 45 minutes though, and for the first time, that was GREAT!!! :)



We went to the Phoenix Zoo and bought a membership, but sadly I must say, I kind of liked the Indianapolis Zoo a little better. This one might be a little bigger, but not quite the same as in Indy. Plus the new water park in Indy is much better than the one here, but they are working on a new one to come soon.

Can you ROAR like a TIGER! Brandon's favorite animal of course by far! (Tiger not pictured.)

The monkeys were my favorite exhibit. They swing from one tree branch to the next.
Taylor's favorite animal was the Zebra.
Here are our friends the Wooleys. They came with us to the Zoo. Adrienne is a good friend of mine. She is the Primary president. Her son Coen, 3 almost 4, is good friends with Brandon. Marcella is about 14 months and Adrienne is due with another boy in Jan.
Coen and Brandon

1 comment:

Sunni said...

I especially love the roaring like a Tiger! Ice skating looks fun.