Sunday, September 28, 2008

Cooking, Cleaning, and EXERCISE!

Ok, like the name of this post!? Don't we all try and get it done, with kids!

I will start with the last one,... exercise. The beginning of last week I was feeling a little tight in my pants and thought I needed to do some exercise, something I don't do regularly. So, I get dressed in my work out clothes. With no gym to go to, I stretch very little and start running up hill from our house. Anyone that knows me, knows that I am not a runner. I was gone for 20-30 mins run/speed walking (alternating, since again I am not a runner), but it felt good. When I got home I did some more stretching and exercising to the legs and sit ups. I was deteremined. The next day I lifted weights, squats (with weights), and more sit ups. The rest of the week I was so sore in my hips, legs, and lower back (I think I may have bad back problems in the future like my mom). Mike just says I need to build up my muscles. I used the chair massager each night that we have but I was still sore. Well, the weekend has come and nearly gone and I have recovered from last weeks exercise and I look forward to doing it again tomorrow. I think I will just go on a nice long walk tomorrow, while the kids are in preschool.

Now on to the kitchen to cook! It seemed like last Friday I was living in the kitchen all day! I made banana chocolate chip muffins, chocolate chip cookies, whole wheat bread, whole wheat rolls, and a full on dinner that night! I actually really like cooking! I would even like to take lessons to learn more!! It is fun and rewarding when you make something. But the clean up is not always so fun. I try and clean up as a I go, and since making bread and rolls takes forever all day, you have time to clean up. I also really like to make different desserts. I recently was watching Martha Stewart, randomly on tv one day, and I copied down a recipe I need to try out.

As far as cleaning... I have a bigger house than I did in Indiana, my kitchen being about the same, actually has a little less counter space, but I am constantly cleaning everwhere. The dishwasher and washing machine/dryer are still being used at nights and weekends (like a cell phone) to conserve energy and the bill. The kids playroom in the loft is constantly having to be picked up with the kids toys everywhere, but at least it stays mostly upstairs. The other day Taylor thought to get out ALL of the books out of the bookshelf and pile them on the floor. She has also done this with ALL of the puzzles, emptying out their boxes. Then she doesn't want to pick it up.

2 comments:

Jocee Bergeson said...

My pants are feeling a bit tight, too! I wonder why?! :)

Nicole said...

The day your pants are tight....I'll know somethin's up. I don't think it's possible!