Well, I forgot our camera for today's events. But here is what follows...
We were going to Mesa today, so I wanted to take the kids to the temple grounds to show them the temple. It was their first experience to a temple. It is great that it is so close to us, literally 25-30 minutes. They enjoyed the experience and we can't wait to go back more, especially in December when they have the lights and Christmas performances. Next time I will take the camera to take pictures of us in front of the temple. It is a beautiful temple, one of a few with out spires or an Angel Moroni on top. This most likely will be the temple where the kids get married, at least Taylor.
"I love to see the Temple, I going there some day."
We were going to Mesa today, so I wanted to take the kids to the temple grounds to show them the temple. It was their first experience to a temple. It is great that it is so close to us, literally 25-30 minutes. They enjoyed the experience and we can't wait to go back more, especially in December when they have the lights and Christmas performances. Next time I will take the camera to take pictures of us in front of the temple. It is a beautiful temple, one of a few with out spires or an Angel Moroni on top. This most likely will be the temple where the kids get married, at least Taylor.
"I love to see the Temple, I going there some day."
Then we were off to the museum, only a couple miles away from the temple in Mesa.Judy Jonas was kind enough to buy us a season pass there. The kids love. There are all kinds of fun things for them to do. In one exhibit they talk about table manners and they get to decorate plates. Others areas include a little theater, art, crafts, play area, mats, slides, robots, a couple kitchen areas (which Taylor loves!) and special activities corner (today was playing with play-dough and puzzles). Thanks again Judy for the season pass.
We had lunch at a cozy little place called Grandma's Kitchen right around the corner from the Museum. It was great homemade food!While we were down in Mesa we also went and visited a new family that joined the Scottsdale Emergency Medicine Group with Mike this summer. They are also Mormon and have a family of five! Nice family!
From there we came home, back to Scottsdale, where we planned to have dinner at Chick-Fil-A tonight. Tuesday nights they have family night where they always have a fun activity, besides they little play area, and you always get a free kids meal with an adult meal. Great deal, plus the food is great! Tonight they had a lady dressed as Mother Goose telling stories and doing face painting. So,...

The kids got painted and had a lot of fun. However, since the ice cream machine was broken there, so we went to....


COLD STONE CREAMERY, where they have the best ice cream! We had a coupon for Tuesday nights kids cones for only 99 cents. Yum! And don't for get the sprinkles!! :)

So what a day! We had a lot of fun! Tomorrow they have preschool and I am looking forward to a break. I am sure I will be cleaning the house or running errands as usual. Then a friend of Brandon's is coming over to play and tomorrow night I think will be pizza night and watch a movie! Papa John's has a deal for one large one topping pizza for only $6.99 M-W carryout (coupon)!
I have to say that Mike is out in SoCa staying with his family, but he is studying for his pediatric boards for 6 days all day in classes at UCLA. The week before he was in Las Vegas (myself included) and he had 4 days studying in classes all day at the Flamingo Hotel for his EM boards. It will be nice once those board exms are completed in Oct and Nov. Thank you Mike for all your hard work. We love you and miss you!
3 comments:
I'm tired from just reading your post :)Guess what? We bought a Pilot today? I think of you every time I drive it!
Holy cow. What a fun day. I wanted to go to the youth museum before we left,but never made it! Hope you guys are doing well. Miss ya!
Sound like you are having fun keeping busy.
Post a Comment