



The Indy 500 Race was TODAY! I don't think I heard of it before coming to Indiana. During the month of May it all starts... and then it lasts throughout the summer. It is a pretty big race! We have been to the speedway for practices before but never the actual race, which takes place on Sunday. So, we have to take an alternate route to church since we usually drive right pass the speedway on our way to church. There is a lot of hype here and we have certainly enjoy it. Well if you have not heard, Scott Dixon won the race today. Vitor Meira, who came is second place, is from Indianapolis (at least living here now, not sure where from originally), but he has been a member of the Healthplex Sports Club here in Indianapolis, where I have worked. I have seen him once a couple of years ago. Pretty cool.
4 comments:
looks like fun Jenni! Exciting place to live. I'm glad you have a blog...it will be fun to see what you're up to!
I've never been a big racing fan, but always thought it would be cool to go to the Indi 500. How much longer are you guys there?
That was my comment.
Doug
Thank you so much for reminding me that the Indy 500 can be a fun thing. The two and a half hour commute to work had me thinking not too fond thoughts of the race fans. Indianapolis is a great city and we will miss you guys!
Post a Comment